- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 c whole milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter, extra for greasing griddle or pan.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg with fork in medium bowl.
- Add milk and then melted butter to egg. Stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir about 15 times (until incorporated, but still lumpy)
- Place about 1 tablespoon butter in a griddle or pan over medium-low heat. When warm, drop 2 tbsp of batter per pancake (these are small) and cook until golden brown on both sides.